Start taskbar and action center greyed out

Start, taskbar and action center greyed out

The best thing about the Windows operating system that it lets you customize and tweak it to the fullest extent. Microsoft always offers a decent range of personalization capabilities in its operating system. Starting with version 1903, Windows 10 is finally introducing a system light theme that brings lighter colors for all the visual elements, and the result is a brand-new experience that many users will argue is little similar as the default theme available macOS.

With default settings, Windows 10 1903 uses light mode in Windows 10, you’ll notice the Taskbar, Action Center, Start menu and other elements in the light color scheme. But, Start, taskbar and action center greyed out in Windows 10 Colours Settings

How to fix Start, taskbar and action centre greyed out problem in Windows 10 Colors Settings.

How to fix Start, taskbar and action center greyed out problem in Windows 10 Colors Settings.

In the Personalization settings, click on Themes and then on Windows image under the Themes title.

Start, taskbar and action center greyed out

After completing the steps, Start, taskbar and action center setting box will return to normal state

Start, taskbar and action center greyed out

Restrict User From Moving Or Unpinning Tiles

How To One Click Taskbar Settings Shortcut In Windows 10

One-Click With The Taskbar Clock Display Seconds In Windows

How To Enable Or Disable The Tablet Mode In Windows 10

57 thoughts on “Start taskbar and action center greyed out”

1. Sir, when I open Photos, the Microsoft app., and I select one picture, the background is white. But when I chose Edit and create, to crop the image, the background become black.
    There is any way to fix this, and keep the background white?
    I have tried everything….

• I’m sorry I don’t know πŸ™

2. Works perfectly !!! Thank you. I’m always wondering….why Microsoft cannot ever give a plain simple answer to a plain simple problem instead of having to type in a tons of command language and spend hours trying to fix something that generally only takes couple of clicks of the mouse ?? Amazing !! Thanks again.

• You’re welcome πŸ™‚ Thank you for comment Ben πŸ™‚

3. Thank you. So simple!!

• You’re welcome Mary πŸ™‚

4. I like to change my start, taskbar, and action center to another color, and keep my “themes-slide show” active, I don’t seem to be able to do that, I can either have colored taskbar, toolbar, or NO slide show.
    please help

5. after messing about for 2 hours you fix worked I hadmy own background but changed to windows theme 1 as you said and binko taskbar back to normal redid my background pictuer ans all good again

• You’re welcome. Thanks for comment 😊

6. Many thanks, it actually works, I was fed up with a “white taskbar” it was so difficult to see, many many thanks

7. THANK YOU for a quick fix that actually worked! I’m so sick of MS “upgrades” that hide/change/delete commonly used features. It’s really annoying to have to waste time sorting through articles, videos etc. to find a simple solution to a simple problem that appeared on its own. RoCK ON!

8. Thank you much..it worked! You were the only one that made it simple and easy to fix πŸ™‚

• Thanks for comment PJ 😊

9. After all the rest I tried, this worked first time, thanks

• you’re welcome

10. Thanks for this, it proved to be helpful for me.

• Thanks for comment, Steve K

11. Thanks very much, a smiple, easy fix but one I would have spent ages trying figure out!

• Thanks for comment, Matt

12. Found this fix after trying lots of others unsuccessfully. Works like a charm. Thank you.

• Hi Andy, you’re welcome πŸ™‚ Thanks for comment πŸ™‚